Are you one of the 1.3 million Americans suffering from the painful autoimmune condition rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
If you’re newly diagnosed and searching for the best arthritis doc near me for RA, you should know that you’re not alone. You should also know that it’s not always easy finding the best care for rheumatoid arthritis.
There Are No Quick Fixes or Miracle Cures for Arthritis, So It’s Important to Find the ‘Best Arthritis Doc Near Me’ From Which to Receive Ongoing Care
Here’s what you should look for when choosing your RA doctor:
- Education and Experience: Choose a physician who has received training specifically to the diagnosis and treatment of RA. Your doctor should be able to demonstrate their knowledge, as well as stay up to date with the latest advances in the field.
- Communication: You want your doctor to communicate effectively with you about your condition. An important part of communication is listening, so you also want to choose an RA specialist that listens attentively and answers any questions or concerns you may have. Speaking of which, some good questions to ask when meeting your physician include the following:
- What treatment options are available for RA? What are the side effects?
- Are there dietary / lifestyle changes I can make to help ease my symptoms?
- How can I prevent RA flare-ups?
- Will RA affect my overall health and / or longevity?
- Compassion: Since RA is a chronic condition and you’ll have regular visits with your RA physician, you want to be sure to select one with good bedside manners. The doctor and staff at the office you choose should be sympathetic to your needs as an RA sufferer.
Bottom Line: Your Search for an ‘Arthritis Doc Near Me’ Is Over With Herrera, Offering Comprehensive Skilled RA Treatment WIth Caring Hands and Hearts
Want to feel good about your care and about your health? Call skilled physician, Dr. Aryeh L. Herrera today at 301-739-7790 for the most compassionate RA treatment in Hagerstown!
Dr. Herrera will partner with you and your other physicians to ensure you receive the best possible care.